The Children's Country Fair
Saturday, October 8, 2016 11am-3pm
Please join us for a family and child-centered event that includes wagon and pony rides, artisans, country fair food, music, cake-walk, obstacle course, dunk tank, face-painting and dress-up, water play, bubble-making, penny toss, and much more! Check back often for details and activity shift sign-up coming soon!
Don't forget to check out the Little Run on the Prairie!
- Help place tables, chairs, canopies, signs, materials, trash and composting bins.
- Organize items, label and price as needed, collect money and tickets for items purchased, prepare root beet floats.
- Assemble orders, prepare sandwiches, etc. , collect money and tickets for meals.
- Bring a creative spirit and have fun! Supplies and sample design inspirations are provided.
- This activity will make you laugh and get you wet.
- This activity is located at the sand box by the farmhouse and is a perennial favorite among the younger set.
- You will start and stop the music and give the winner a cake!
- Assist children as they assume new identities from Prairie Hill's expansive costume collection.
- Supervise, cheer, and assist children as they navigate a fun challenge course for young children.
- Supplies (pennies and cups) will be on hand. Stock cups as needed.
- Don a fun outfit with many pockets. Collect a ticket and invite the player to check a pocket. Supplies (including outfit!) is provided.
- One person will take tickets, the other will get dunked! (you can swap spots). Bring a change of clothes.
- Collect cash ($2 per car; musicians and vendors park free) and direct cars to parking in the pasture. Dress for the weather. Bring a water bottle. We provide a chair, safety vest, and money aprons. Parkers will be stationed on highway 77 at the pasture entrance and in the pasture.
- Use your own camera and share the photos you take with the Fair Planning team to be distributed to the community.
- Someone ready to run from one end of the fair to the other as needed by various members of the fair committee.
- Take tickets. Volunteer will need some sense of how to throw a lasso.
- Collect tickets.
- Count tickets, collect money, encourage raffle and fund raising package sales.
- Ideal for an Older Elementary or Adolescent student. Assist participants in drawing simple animals. Samples will be provided.
- Assist children (with someone from Dixon Power Systems) as they get their hands wet creating energy.
- Assist Children (with someone from Lux) in creating their own button and bookmark designs.
- Adult volunteer to run corn cobbing machine. Will need to stay alert to assist children with cranking while keeping hands out of the machine.
- Assist children with monor injuries. Call EMS if needed. First aid supplies are included.